Monday, March 12, 2012

Porkalicious

Anyone that knows me knows I love me some food trucking! I plan to write a whole post dedicated to one of my guiltiest pleasures and favorite pastimes at some point - it will be epic, I promise. I have never met a food truck I didn't like. Yes, some food trucks are less fabulous than others and like everything else, one will learn that a 30 minute wait isn't always worth the time for certain items, but, never have I disliked a food truck to the point of writing a negative review. Below is my Yelp review and I added some pics.

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy drove all the way to Pembroke Pines from Kendall....

It pains me to write this negative review since I've never met a food truck I didn't like. Porkalicious, you broke my heart. Your pretty pink truck with pictures of happy piggies made me beleive I would walk away just like them: happy, plump and satisifed. But no. I walked away angry and hungry and disappointed. The wait was ridiculous, the staff seemed rushed and scrambled, and the food... oh the food. We ordered the King Roll which is described as pulled pork in guava bbq sauce, cheddar cheese and caramelized onions in a wonton wrapper served eggroll style with buttermilk ranch dipping sauce. What I got was a rib roll from filthy greasy Flannigan's with watered down ranch goo. It was way greasy, tasted like nothing in the description and shattered my porkalicious dreams. We each took a bite and decided it wasn't worth it. I even took a second bite for a second chance at redemption and no - no ma'am. Because I am a glutton for punishment I also ordered a Miami Cakes Bakery Bacon Cupcake which was horrendous - the icing was butter. Straight up butter, no, Crisco, straight from the jar. So greasy and not buttercreamy at all. The cake itself was dry, perhaps the icing stole the lard. Major fail.

... so this little piggy threw it all in the trash and went wee wee wee all the way home.







Flanigan's evil twins

Bacon Cupcake

Tip: make better food!

No comments:

Post a Comment