Saturday, December 22, 2012

Apizza Brooklyn Resto + Vino Bar

Finally! A perfect meal from start to finish. I found this place while walking off another meal I had at the same shopping center. This little shopping center is full of awesome little food spots, but let's get to the point. Apizza Brooklyn rocked. Plain and simple. The decor is on point - cozy, dim, but still casual. A massive oven in the corner says "we know what we're doing so get in here and order a pizza!... Now!" We came on a Wednesday night and the place was pretty packed. We had to wait about 15 minutes outside which wasn't terrible. The owner came out to greet us and offer us wine. Sadly I am with child and unable to enjoy. Sadness. Once we sat we received amazing service from start to finish. Our waiter was incredibly attentive and friendly. He explained the menu well, including the difference between Brooklyn style and Neapolitan pizza. The Neapolitan pizza is made from imported ingredients from the motherland, so we were sold. We ordered calamari, minestrone, and a Margherita Neapolitan style pizza.


Minestrone

The minestrone was amazing. Hearty, chunky, full of flavor. Plenty of beans, hearty veggies... amazingness. We fell in love with this soup. It was so good I was pissed with myself for not ordering a bowl. We actually went back the following week hoping for minestrone again but had carrot soup instead which was almost as amazing.



Calamari

Calamari was also pretty perfect. Thick meaty rings breaded in light but crispy batter with some marinara that had a little kick to it. We also ordered this on our second visit and loved it.


Neapolitan Margherita

Pizza. Oh, the pizza. As soon as I took a bite I was taken back to my first pizza in Rome last year. There really must be something about imported ingredients. The cheese, the tomatoes, the basil, the dough... everything transported me back to Italy. The dough was super thin, crispy and soft in all the right combinations. The cheese melted beautifully and played so well with the tart tomato sauce and punch of the basil. I am about to break into song...

My husband's absolute favorite thing on the plantet (besides me!) is Tiramisu. He's quite the critic (or so he thinks) when it comes to this dessert. As you can see from the pic, the SOB broke my #1 rule for dining out (don't touch til I get a pic!) and dove right in like a PMS'ing 15 year old girl with eating issues. This thing was seriously good. Every layer was perfection. The creaminess, the chocolate - everything was awesome. Truly a perfect ending to a perfect meal.


Tiramisu

They offer a good variety of pizzas, pastas, appetizers, the works! They also have a nice wine list which I cannot wait to enjoy post-baby. The owner remembered us from our first visit and swung by to say hi, which was so nice. Places like this make you want to keep coming back and spreading the word about their awesome food and service. We will definitely be back. Maybe tonight. I'm craving some Tiramisu STAT!

Apizza Brooklyn Resto + Vino Bar
9515 S Dixie Hwy
Pinecrest, FL 33156
(305) 669-1761

No comments:

Post a Comment