Monday, October 15, 2012

Shake Shack

If there's one thing this pregnancy has made me crave it is burgers. Big, juicy, cheesy, greasy, sloppy burgers. But not just any ol' burger will do. No, no ma'am! I've tried replacement burgers via places located closer to my casa, but nothing convinces this kid. This little fetus is a foodie like it's momma and it knows what it wants, and that, is, SHAKE SHACK!!!

Branded on a table which is made out of an old bowling lane


I first tried Shake Shack at the sweltering hot mess that was the meat saunainferno hell hole The Grind where they took the big prize home. Since that sweaty encounter I have remembered them fondly. The perfectly soft bun, the juicy meat patty, the beautifully melted cheese draped over the meat... drool.



The fries aren't very special since they are good ol' crinkle fries but they are just so good when dipped in their cheese sauce.


The custard is perfection. Thick, creamy, custardy. This time we had the red velvet which was ridiculous.


On our next visit (which has no pictures since hungry pregnant people don't have time for foolishness) we ordered burgers (duh!) and a hot dog which was also pure perfection - thick juicy meaty perfection. The taste of the meat was pure, no funky additives or animal parts suspected. If they are in there, which they may be, they sure hide it well. Thank you. We also had the caramel apple custard which was also pretty damn divine.

I am SO glad that this place is crappy drive away from home. If not, I would be suspect for carrying quads as I would be stuffing myself retarded on a weekly basis. This place is that good. Luckily when I do give into my cravings I feel a tad bit less guilty since Shake Shack's burgers are made of 100% all-natural Angus beef, vegetarian fed, humanely raised and source verified. No hormones or antibiotics. And God knows a preggo does not need additional hormones.


Shake Shack
1450 S Dixie Hwy
Coral Gables, FL 33146
(786) 470-3701

1 comment: