Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sushi Ko - part 2

I got home from a long, hellish day at work planning for an easy evening at home to unwind and decompress. On my agenda: making some healthy, hearty, homemade chili for my hubby who's day sucked more than mine. I slave over a stove and when all is said and done, hubby's lightbulb goes off and he says "let's go to that sushi place from last week..." Any other woman would raise hell after spending time chopping onions and such, but this girl was dressed and ready in less than 5 minutes. At least I know we have lunch ready for the rest of the week.



Sushi Ko - we meet again! We had the pleasure of having the same awesome waitress from last time who, once again, was fabulously courteous, friendly, and prompt. We debated over the fried or steamed gyozas (hubby wanted to live on the edge, I demanded steamed since TFGI isnt allowed to make decisions during the week and the rule is to keep it healthy, hence the brown rice) but our girl recommended pan friend dumplings which are "homemade and in between steamed and fried." Sold! These little guys were truly a perfect blend of slight crisp and softness. The filling tasted like a little Japanese lady is sitting in the back rolling pork and seasonings just for me. Yum.








We ordered the Big Hot Mac Roll from their specialty menu which was rolled in rice paper and filled with chopped tuna in kimchee sauce, shrimp tempura and avocado. It was awesome. Hubby said it was alright. He's nuts.







Next up - the Arizona roll. Yellowtail, tuna, cream cheese, cucumber, avocado rolled in masago topped with a dollop of kimchee. Great stuff. Fish was fresh, everything was on point.


For our third roll we had a repeat from last time - the spectacular Los Roll, which I discovered has mint leaves in it. And just because it's so beautiful to look at, here's another shot.



Lastly, we sealed the deal with the Sweet Explosions, which were described as fried cream puffs. But not, cream puffs they were not. Try deep fried donuts holes filled with ice cream. Yeah I said it! Ice cream! Cold creamy ice cream. With chocolate sauce for dipping. TFGI made me have 2 and even though they weren't earth shattering and definitely not worth the calories, they hit the spot.



I said it before and I'll say it again: this is going to become our go-to spot for the weekly sushi outing. And besides the weirdo at the next table eating solo, making chit chat with everyone around him (including us) and most importantly the sweet young couple in scrubs who identified themselves as podiatry residents and had to witness said weirdo take off his shoe and show them his non-healing foot wound as they shelled their edamame - we had ourselves yet another fantastic Sushi Ko experience. (Diva Foodie Friend - if you're reading this I hope I'm making you proud!)

2 comments:

  1. And I thought no one else ate out as much as we do!!!! LOL!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you found some time to tell us about your culinary delights! As for your post, I want all of it....NOW!
    Can't wait to read more.


    >>theflavorfusionproject.com

    ReplyDelete