Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sweet Times Cupcakes & Coffee


Dear Kendall cupcake shops - there's a new kid in town and this kid is a force to be reckoned with!  Sweet Times Cupcakes & Coffee has landed itself in my #1 slot for cupcakes and coffee. Hands down. I was first introduced to Sweet Times' delicious cupcakes when a friend brought some over for a play date. I fell in love with the frosting, my friend tried to explain what was so special about them but I was too busy stuffing my face to pay any attention. The cupcakes were moist but not greasy, flavorful, and fresh. After sharing Carrot, Campfire, Red Velvet, Vanilla, & a berry cupcake of sorts I knew I had to investigate further.

The same friend and I treated ourselves to a visit to the shop after our weekly "workout" with our babies at Gymboree in the same shopping center. Sweet Times is located in a hidden two story shopping center next to the hotel behind the Barnes & Noble on Kendall. The place is clean, sleek, and inviting. There's a couple of comfy couches and an L shaped bar/counter with plenty of seating.






Words to live by


The young lady behind the counter was friendly and welcoming. She answered all of my questions and seemed to know her stuff well. She explained that everything is baked in small batches through the day, their ingredients are top notch (Madagascar vanilla, Italian buttercreams, Belgian chocolate, the works) and the owners are in daily to bake themselves. Nice. She also sold us on coffee frappes which I'm not a huge fan of (I can't deal with brain freeze and I'm too gluttonous to sip my drinks) but I am now addicted to after having them at Sweet Times. Their frappes are a perfect creamy & frothy consistency that makes even a fatty like me sip it slow and savor every drop. But I digress... Cupcakes.


Wednesday's assortment




On this visit my friend ordered the Aunt Babette (described on their website as marble cake, chocolate & vanilla buttercream) and a Vanilla Vanilla (vanilla cake, Madagascar Bourbon vanilla bean buttercream) cupcake. She reports to have enjoyed them both.


Coffee frappe, Vanilla Vanilla & Aunt Babette

I ordered a Nutella (chocolate cake filled with Hazelnut ganache, Nutella buttercream, hazelnuts), 4 Leches (tres leches cake, dulce de leche buttercream) and a White Chocolate Raspberry (vanilla raspberry cake, raspberry buttercream dipped in white chocolate) which we shared. I also ordered a 4 Leches, Vanilla Vanilla, Red Velvet (red velvet cake, white chocolate buttercream, red rock sugar) and Lights Out (chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache, chocolate sprinkles) to go (for hubby... to share with me. I am never going to lose these last 8 lbs of baby weight.) I can honestly say that I loved every single flavor. Seriously. My favorite being the 4 leches with the White Chocolate Raspberry coming in a close second. The Lights Out is a dream for a chocoholic, their ganache is pure silky chocolate perfection, and the chocolate buttercream is so subtle and perfectly delicious.)


Coffee frappe, 4 leches, White Chocolate Raspberry & Nutella.
In the box, 4 Leches, Vanilla Vanilla, Red Velvet and Lights Out

This little place has a lot of potential and is definitely giving the rest of the Kendall cupcakeries a run for their money. With their uber moist cake, dreamy buttercreams, innovative flavors (menu changes daily) and refreshing coffee drinks they are making their presence known in the cupcake scene. Check them out!

Sweet Times Cupcakes & Coffee
8530 Sw 124 Ave
Ste 101

Miami, FL 33183
(305) 270-0300

No comments:

Post a Comment